Friday, November 20, 2009

Hell yes.....I'm done with treatments!

Just a quick post here:

As of 11/18, I'm officially done with cancer treatments! The last 2 weeks have been the roughest I could've ever imagined, but I got through it and now its time to finally relax and take a fresh of breath air! The Dr's aren't going to take a final scan for another month, I still have some radiation flowing through my body. There's also still a bunch of inflammation and scar tissue from all the treatments, so they'd like to let that subside a bit before taking my final scans. Until then, I'm just going to assume the treatments have worked and I'm cancer-free. I know its a strong assumption, but I'm trying to be optimistic here.

Scans will be done on 12/17 and my oncologist set up an appt with her for 12/24 (yes, Christmas Eve) to discuss the results of the scans. That appt COULD be the most incredible gift God could offer......complete remission, I'm hoping and praying thats the case!

In the meantime, I'm slowly going to try and get myself back into my normal lifestyle. I've been waiting 6 months for this, can't wait!

Thanks to all of you for your amazing support through this entire process. I know we're not out of the woods yet, but I can see the clearing and I'm getting antsy!

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment